Due to ongoing safety concerns we will not be opening on September 1st as previously planned. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.
Travel to the sinkhole floor in 15 seconds or less by taking our giant 110 metre slide! Tarkine Forest Adventures at Dismal Swamp welcomes guests, young and old, to take the plunge and experience Dismal Swamp from a unique point of view. Our slide is safe, affordable, and an absolute blast no matter how old you are. You do have to be a minimum 8 years old and 90 cm tall. It is not for the faint at heart. This adrenalin-charged slide isn’t the most conventional way of reaching the bottom of Tasmania’s intriguing Dismal Swamp, but, taking only 15 seconds with warm conditions. You do have the option of walking down a windy gravel track. This does give you a perspective on the depth of the sink hole. You will have the chance to get close to the wildlife, pademelons, echnida’s and of course we have some of the rarest birds like the pink breasted robin, as well as a great chance to see the largest raptor – the wedge tail eagle.
- All sliders must be over 8 years of age and be above 90cm of height.
- A helmet must be worn at all times.
- All loose objects must be removed from pockets.
- Lay down feet first, hold handles on the inside of the slipper; head first and sitting up is not allowed. Please disembark immediately at the end of the slide.
- People with the following conditions are not allowed to ride the slide:
- High blood pressure
- Heart conditions
- Knee or hip conditions
- Neck or back injuries
- Onset of osteoporosis
- Patrons ride the slide at their own risk